Photo by, and licensed (CC BY-NC 2.0) from, cuellar.
Spring is always a time for new growth, and we’re certainly growing here at Wordnik!
Some new stuff we think you’d like:
- We now have a beta mobile site at http://m.wordnik.com, optimized for small-screen devices.
- We have more new (and better!) example sentences, from new sources, with more on the way soon.
- Check out our improved word frequency charts!
- The Wordnik Word of the Day is now available as a daily email. You can sign up for it now by logging in to Wordnik and editing your preferences.
- Our new autoexpanding comment areas make it easier to write and edit comments of more than a few lines (for when you have a lot to say about a particular word).
- You’ll find improved definition data from the GNU Webster’s 1913 dictionary, available both on the site and through the API.
- Developers, check out the New API calls for retrieving examples, related words (synonyms, antonyms, and the like), phrases, and definitions by part of speech. Support for JSONP is now available as well.
- Our corpus is now using mongodb under the hood, providing improved performance now, and interesting feature possibilities down the road.
- And just for fun, follow us on Twitter and Facebook to play SECRET WORD WEDNESDAY! Guess the SECRET WORD OF THE DAY, and win Wordnik stickers!
Hungry for more? Email us at email@example.com and let us know what you’d like to see!
Also — for all you developers out there, keep an eye out for details of Wordnik’s first developer contest! We’ll be making an announcement this Friday …