September’s right around the corner, and you know what that means: back to school. To celebrate, we’ll be featuring four specially-themed weeks of blog posts, words of the day, and lists of the day, and, starting this week, giving participants in our WotD Perfect Tweet Challenge a chance each week to win a full set of Pocket Posh Word Power dictionaries (powered by Wordnik, published by Andrews McMeel).
What the heck is the WotD Perfect Tweet Challenge? From our original post:
Use any word of the day (WotD) from this week in a sentence that best demonstrates its meaning in context. However, your sentence must be no longer than 140 characters – in other words, a perfect tweet! Send us the link to your tweet via Twitter, and at the end of the week, we’ll pick our favorites and feature them on our blog.
Every Friday for these next four weeks, we’ll randomly pick a winner. So the more times you tweet a WotD in a sentence, the more chances you’ll have to win! (Different WOTD sentences, please, not the same sentence retweeted multiple times!)
There are four pocket-sized dictionaries in one set:
Check out our original post about the dictionaries for even more details.
The rules again for this give-away edition of the WotD Perfect Tweet Challenge:
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Tweet any Word of the Day from this week in a sentence, as many times as you want, as long as each sentence is different.
- @ us the link to your tweet (presuming you don’t want “@wordnik” taking up your 140 character limit).
- Tweets received after 12 PM Pacific time on Friday won’t be eligible for that week’s give-away.
- On Friday we’ll randomly pick a winner who will receive a set of the four Pocket Posh dictionaries.
- As usual, we’ll feature our favorites on our blog on Friday.
- No hash tag necessary.
The contest will run for the weeks of August 15, 22, 29, and September 5.